Justin by voki


Get a Voki now!

Monday, April 26, 2010

You Tube & Teacher Tube

I have been looking over You Tube and Teacher Tube websites these last few days for some useful material for the classroom.
I have found some really interesting videos on the websites. I found Teacher Tube to be far more academic in the nature of the videos in general and the videos seem to be of a more professional nature. You tube has loads of interesting stuff in there, some of it is just Hollywood wannabes posting up their home made vids, which makes the quality some what inferior at times and the educational value limited.
Video is a great hook tool that can be used as part of an introduction to a subject, as a light hearted relief part of the lesson when students slump and they need a pick me up to regain their attention to the lesson.
I will definitely be using the tubes in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment